The Power of TED* Practitioner Program
April 7 – 10, 2013
Another opportunity for this unique professional development experience has been scheduled for April 7 – 10, 2013 on Bainbridge Island, Washington!
The TED* Practitioner Program draws a committed group of professionals from around the world who are committed to making TED* (*The Empowerment Dynamic) a key component in the services they provide to their clients.
“Absolutely loved Bainbridge AND the training may have been the best in my 22 years as a professional…” – Kate Deaton, MS, CPCC, ACC, TED* Charter Practitioner
This is not a public, whoever-wants-to-attend offering! Only those trained in the foundations and practices of TED* will hold the distinction of “TED* Practitioner.” Therefore those desiring to attend will need to apply to be included in this exclusive group.
Why aim for the TED* Practitioner Program? Because there is an application process to participate in the Program, we can guarantee that those attending will share your enthusiasm for the TED* way of thinking, being and living in the world.
The Value Proposition: Participation in the “TED* Practitioner Program” will bring benefits to you while also helping the spread of TED* to work its magic in the world.
Benefits to you:
- Spend 3 and a half days on beautiful Bainbridge Island with David Emerald, Donna Zajonc, PCC (Professional Certified Coach), Bert Parlee, Ph.D. and a small cohort of other like-minded change agents who want to utilize the TED* frameworks in their life and work;
- Go deeper in understanding the TED* principles and practices and the “complexity behind the simplicity” of the frameworks and tools;
- Use of the TED* logo on your materials, web site and other collateral material;
- Listing on the TED* Website as a “TED* Practitioner,” with links to your website and contact information;
- “TED* Practitioner” community membership through 2013;
- Opportunity to co-author with David, a TED* application article for your field of work;
- Purchase of books and workbooks at a 50% discount and permission to resell them for a profit;
- Participate in quarterly TED* Practitioner webcasts during 2013;
- Participate in the Practitioner community in cross-sharing of documents, handouts, marketing ideas, etc.;
- Receive PowerPoint presentation materials, handouts and initial marketing fliers ready-made for TED* seminars;
- Opportunity to share financially when TED* programs are held in your community that involve David. TED* Practitioners may coordinate David’s visit and co-sponsor a program and the revenue;
In addition to the above, for those who are professional coaches, the International Coach Federation (ICF) has approved 22 hours of Continuing Education Credits for this program.
Commitments from you: Participants selected for this exclusive experience will make the following commitments:
- Enthusiastically participate in the TED* Practitioner program by bringing your full self to intensive and to attend from 6 PM Sunday evening, April 7 to 5:00 PM Wednesday;
- Arrive at the program having completed all pre-session work (including workbook, articles and on-line videos);
- Participate in the ongoing Practitioner community through the TED* Practitioners Forum and other ways to stay in contact, sharing information with fellow TED* Practitioners;
- Share your feedback during and after the three day program about the content and process of the training;
- Participate with fellow TED* Practitioners to share how you applied TED* in your work and life;
- Pay for all travel and room and board while attending the program;
- Pay a $1,250 registration and development fee.
Application Process: The TED* Practitioner Program is limited to approximately 12 people. The atmosphere is a warm learning environment. Therefore, we have created a unique application process to help us learn more about how each person is currently utilizing TED* and in what ways they wish to further their understanding of the TED* principles and frameworks. To be considered, please complete the attached registration form. The application asks you to respond to the following questions:
- What is your professional background and community of practice (therapist, coach, consultant, etc.)?
- How are you currently using TED* in your work?
- In addition to reading the book, in what ways have you added to your knowledge of TED* (i.e. TED* workshops; webinars; reading books referenced in The Power of TED*, etc.)?
- If you attend the Practitioner Program, what additional ways do you envision utilizing The Power of TED* in your work and life?
- What outcomes would you expect from participating in the program?
- What is your sense of calling or purpose that you bring to this work?
- Why should you be selected as a “TED* Practitioner?”
Spaces are limited, so don’t delay in sending in your application!
If you know of a friend or colleague who might also be interested, please forward this to them and help us spread the word about this exciting opportunity. Applications are also available by emailing us at demerald@powerofTED.com.
We believe the TED* Practitioner program is already serving as a catalyst for accelerating the spread of TED* in the world and will continue to lead to a co-created body of work within the TED* Practitioner community. By participating in the Practitioner Program, you will associate with like-minded professionals who want to learn more about how to teach and utilize the TED* concepts in their work.
“I’d recommend this to everyone… the simplicity and the complexity is amazing… Bainbridge Island is paradise. I’m hoping to take this serenity back with me and hang onto it like a rubbing stone just to remind me.” – Scott Huber, TED* Charter Practitioner
Beautiful Bainbridge Island is a vacation destination a short ferry ride from downtown Seattle, WA. Flights fly daily into Seattle’s International Airport. The Island hosts a range of hotel, inn and cottage housing options. Known for its lovely charm, this rural and artistic community offers galleries, wine rooms, unique shopping, as well as outdoor pursuits on land and sea – plenty to keep partners and families exploring.
The program will be held at The Eagle Harbor Inn on Bainbridge Island (www.theeagleharborinn.com), a lovely facility with guest townhouses and suites available. Upon selection for the program, we will inform you of hotel, B&B and inn options on Bainbridge Island.
Please direct any questions to Donna Zajonc at donna@powerofTED.com or 206-780-9300. We look forward to hearing from you!